Could You Volunteer for Speed Watch and Street Watch?
The local policing team are looking for volunteers to assist with the new Community Speed Watch and Street Watch in the local area. They already have a small number already volunteering for these groups but the more the better.
The local police team will be holding a meeting in the coming weeks to learn about the Community Speed Watch and Street Watch Scheme.
If you are interested please contact email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remembrance Day Celebrations
The Parish Council would like to thank all of those who took part in commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Armistice. There was a large turn out to the Church service, followed by the procession down the High Street where the newly renovated War Memorial and the Tommy took pride of place. We would also like to extend thanks to all residents for their patience and co-operation during the road closure.
Police Surgery Dates
The monthly Police Surgery with the Solihull Rural Neighbourhood Police Team will be held between 11.30am and 12.30pm at Sandwiches @ No.6 (6 High Street, Hampton-in-Arden) on the following dates:
- Friday 14 December 2018;
- Friday 18 January 2019;
- Friday 15 February 2019;
- Friday 15 March 2019; and,
- Thursday 18 April 2019.
Please feel free to drop in and talk to our local Neighbourhood Policing Team (who will be there providing no emergencies take place).
Birmingham Airport – Draft Masterplan
On Tuesday 6th November 2018, Birmingham Airport launched its new draft Master Plan titled, ‘The Midlands Gateway to the World’. The draft Plan outlines how the Airport aims to improve facilities, enhance its route network, grow jobs and the economy, in a sustainable way.
A public consultation period will take place between the 6th November and 31st January 2019, with a series of public exhibitions taking place. A full list of all public consultation events can be found here: http://hamptoninarden.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/BIRMINGHAM-AIRPORT-NOTICE-OF-PUBLIC-EXHIBITIONS_.pdf
Santa is Coming to Hampton-in-Arden
The Meriden Rotary Club are pleased to be bringing Santa to visit Hampton-in-Arden again this year. They will be spreading Christmas cheer (and collecting for Rotary charities) on the following evenings:
- Monday 17th December: Santa will start his journey through the village from the Lapwing Drive area travelling towards the station and finishing in Engine Mews; and,
- Wednesday 19th December: Santa will start in Fentham Road, travel up towards Marsh Lane, down to the end of Bellemere Road and then finish at the new houses in Solihull Road.
The Rotary Club have not yet provided timings for Santa’s visits – please check our website and the Parish Council Facebook page for additional details closer to the time.
- M42 Motorway Service Area, Catherine-de-Barnes (2015/51409): It is understood that the Planning Committee will consider both this application and the alternative scheme for a service area at M42 Junction 4 at the same time and that this is likely take place in January 2019.
- Land of Corbetts Close (the old cricket field) 2018/00989: This application by local developer Elegant Homes for 26 homes for market sale, six for shared ownership sale and eleven for social rent was unanimously approved by Solihull MBC Planning Committee on 5th September when the design and layout was praised by both members and the planning officer. Despite its best efforts the Parish Council failed to achieve a Local Lettings Plan and fixed equity sale for the shared ownership homes.
- Continuing Care Retirement Community at Oak Farm Catherine-de-Barnes (2018/00781): This application for a substantial Continuing Care Retirement Community was refused by Solihull MBC Planning Committee on the 5th October. Both Catney Residents Association and the Parish Council had strongly objected. The Committee considered that a need had not been demonstrated, that the development was too dense and, in any event, 60% of the site is in the Green Belt.
- New dwelling on land adjoining 8 Belle Vue Terrace (2018/01510): Following many objections to this inappropriate development on land in the Conservation Area the application has been withdrawn.