Many residents will have missed the chiming of the church clock which has developed a fault in the winding mechanism. The clock is nearly 130 years old so it is clearly showing its age. The clock, known as a Turret Clock, was installed in 1891 by A. H. Leeson and Sons of Coleshill who specialised in clocks for public buildings and especially churches. We are pleased to report that fortunately repairs are in hand and we should be hearing the “dongs” again shortly!
Keep reading…. To get up to date with local news and to find out about upcoming events in the Parish including Remembrance Day, visits from Santa and the very first lighting of Christmas Tree lights on the Village Green!