Welcome to our New Parish Councillors
We are delighted to welcome two new Parish Councillors to our team: Roger Waring and Min Grimshaw. Roger and Min both bring fantastic skill sets to the Council and we are excited to work with our new members. Our two new colleagues takes the number of Parish Councillors up to twelve (and leaves one opening for our Catherine-de-Barnes Ward).
Village Annual Meeting – 13th April 2021
We are holding our Village Annual Meeting on 13th April 2021 at 7.30pm. For the first time ever we will be holding this meeting virtually (due to COVID-19 restrictions). Members of the Parish are encouraged to join and hear all about what the Parish Council has been up. Ordinarily the meeting would cover the works completed by the Council in the last 12 months. However due to Coronavirus preventing the Annual Village Meeting being held in 2020, this year’s meeting will report on our activities over the past two years (since April 2019).
Should you wish to attend please contact Julie Barnes, our lovely Parish Clerk, who will provide all the details for you to be able to join the meeting (please see contact details at the end of this article). Joining instructions will also be provided on our website and our Facebook page closer to the time.
- PL/2015/51409 Motorway Service Area at Catherine de Barnes: The Committee, against Officers recommendation, refused this planning application as inappropriate development in the Green Belt. The Committee concluded, the motorway service station proposal would cause harm by definition to the Green Belt, significant harm to openness and to the character and appearance of the Green Belt, to the purposes of including land within it, namely the coalescence of Catherine-de-Barnes with Hampton in Arden and encroachment of development into the countryside and other harm, which includes the significant harm to the character and appearance of the area that carries substantial weight and loss of agricultural land which attracts moderate weight. The very special circumstances put forward by the applicant in support of the proposal do not clearly outweigh the harm to the Green Belt by reason of inappropriateness and the other harm resulting from the proposal. The PC believe the applicant will appeal this decision and a public enquiry will take place later in the year.
- PL2016/02754 Motorway Service Area at Jct 4: This application was heard at the same Planning Committee as the application above and was also refused on the grounds of inappropriate development in the Green Belt which was the Officers recommendation in this instance. Notice of refusal was posted on the portal on 25th We are not aware of the applicant wanting to lodge an appeal.
- PL2020/02792 Demolition of existing Clubhouse and replacement building, an all-weather pitch and reconfiguration of other WGAA pitches on Catherine de Barnes Lane: This application went before the Planning Committee on 3rd March and they voted for Deferral of the decision on the grounds of needing more information. Officers had recommended approval.
- PL2020/02784 Newlands Bishop-Erection of a triple combined tepee: This application is still awaiting a decision. The Council have received a number of objections and letters of concern from local residents expressing concern over potential noise nuisance emanating from this facility hen social/party events are held during the summer months.
- M42 new jct 5a Solihull Road – Link Road to the Clock Interchange: As many of you will have seen, work has started to on this scheme will trees and vegetation being cleared in the vicinity of Catherine de Barnes Lane. This is the start of extensive works in the area for the next 3 to 4 years.